The safety and welfare of children and vulnerable adults is of paramount importance to NHS Mansfield and Ashfield Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). We work closely with other CCG's across Nottinghamshire to ensure that all of the services we commission ensure high quality safe effective care.
The following measures ensure that safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults is given priority and is discharged effectively across the whole local health economy through commissioning arrangements: -
• Executive level CCG membership of both Nottinghamshire Safeguarding Children and Adult Boards which ensures that safeguarding is at the forefront of service planning.
• Senior CCG membership of Nottinghamshire Multi Agency Public Protection Arrangements (MAPPA)
• Close collaboration with the Local Authority to assess and ensure the provision of co-ordinated integrated services to meet the needs of the local population, including specialist services for vulnerable groups.
• Ensuring that safeguarding children and adult strategies and associated policies are in place, including safe recruitment of staff, a whistle-blowing policy and safeguarding training and supervision policies.
• Ensuring that providers of services are held to account through regular review of safeguarding arrangements through quality scrutiny processes.
• Designated nurse and doctors in post to offer professional expertise and advice around safeguarding matters.
If you have concerns that a child or vulnerable adult is being abused, call Nottinghamshire Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub on 0300 500 8090 during the following hours:
8.30 am - 5.00 pm - Monday to Thursday
8.30 am - 4.30 pm - Friday
Fax number: 01623 483 295
To submit an on line concern form, log onto www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/MASH
In an emergency, outside of these hours contact the Emergency Duty Team (EDT) on 0300 456 4546 or the NSPCC on 0808 800 5000
Organisations in Nottinghamshire have worked together to develop The Nottinghamshire Multi Agency Safeguarding Procedures and Guidance for Adults and Children, these can be found on the following websites: -
Adults: - www.safeguardingadultsnotts.org
Children: - www.nottscc.gov.uk/nscb
These websites also provide further information on
• Who is vulnerable
• The different types of abuse
• The signs of possible abuse
• What to do if you have concerns
• The investigation procedure
• Annual reports
• Serious case reviews