We have developed a paper - which you can access here - outlining our vision for rehabilitation services within the East Midlands (Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Lincolnshire and Leicestershire) which is to enhance and improve services, including making sure more patients get the rehabilitation treatments they need without having to wait. This means more people will recover more fully and ultimately increase the opportunity to return or stay in work and participate in meaningful family and social lives. We think this means we will have to change the way rehabilitation services are delivered moving forward.
It is important to listen to views and experiences of rehabilitation across a range of organisations, community groups, staff groups, patients and carers. We are asking people who have had experience of rehabilitation in the past, who are currently needing rehabilitation and those who may potentially need rehabilitation in the future to be involved in shaping the new service. This will help to inform the range of potential solutions in terms of how we deliver the new service for us to consider and develop into a new model for rehabilitation in the East Midlands and potentially wider.
This paper is the starting point in our engagement with you, to help to design a new and innovative approach to rehabilitation.
How you can help shape our thinking
We would like to hear your views on anything on the proposal we are currently developing, but the following questions might guide what you share with us.
- Please tell us about any experience you have had of rehabilitation services in the East Midlands
- What things about your experience of rehabilitation would you like to keep in any proposed new service?
- What would you like us to change in any proposals that are developed?
- How would you feel about travelling to a different location for rehabilitation or to visit a patient?
- What would the impact be if the location for rehabilitation was nearer/further away than you presently travel?
- How do you travel to a rehabilitation service now and how would you travel to a different location?
You can send your feedback to:
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust: NRC@nuh.nhs.uk
Greater Nottingham Clinical Commissioning Partnership: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for feedback is: Friday 24 May 2019.