In order to keep patients at the heart of the decision making with 'no decision about me without me' the CCG is keen to include local people in discussions about the development, improvement and evaluation of local health services.
Engagement events are held regularly when the CCG has initiatives that it needs to talk to the public about to get their point of view and input before decisions on changes to local services are made. Invitations are sent to PPGs, Health Panel members, voluntary and community sector organisations, statutory partners, parish and district councils, housing providers etc. as well as members of the public.
The purpose of engagement events is to seek views on ideas that involve changing health and social care services Recent examples include:
- Contracting for primary care services at Kirkby Community Primary Care Centre
- Shaping General Practice
- Shaping Mental Health Services
- Commissioning Intentions Patient Engagement Event
- Annual Public Meetings
- Engagement Events for Patients at Harwood and Ashfield GP Surgery
- Engagement Events for Patients at Underwood Branch Surgery
- LGBT+ Engagement Event
- Wheelchair Service
- PPG Networking Event - 6 June 2018